Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- You are the author or the authorized agent of the author(s) and the copyright holder (if different from the author(s));
- The author(s) must have approved the work for publication;
- The author(s) must have agreed to submit the Article to the Journal;
- The author(s) agree to grant the Journal a non-exclusive, worldwide license to the Article allowing for the reproduction, distribution, display, performance, and reasonable generation of derivative works (ex: translations, abstracts, and changes in file type/format for accessibility), and
- The author(s) understand that the Journal will share the Article under a Creative Commons License allowing others to use and share the article according to the terms CC BY-NC.
- The author(s) accept full responsibility for the content of the Article
- The author(s) certify that the manuscript is original material, except for material from copyrighted sources and reproduced with the written permission of the copyright holder, and is in no way a violation of, or an infringement upon, any copyright belonging to any third party.
The author(s) assert that the materials contained in the manuscript are accurate and that the manuscript contains no defamatory or otherwise illegal materials.
- The author(s) assert that aspects of Indigenous cultural heritage have been appropriately identified and attributed.
- The author(s) indemnify and hold the Journal safe from any claims that the manuscript infringes a third party’s copyright, the privacy of others, or contains inaccurate, libelous, or unlawful material.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors who publish with the Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation (JMDE) retain all of the copyrights in their work. In order to publish the manuscript, the Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation (JMDE) seeks a non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, display, perform, and make reasonable derivative works (ex: translations, abstracts, and changes in file type/format for accessibility).
In order to ensure optimal access and dissemination to the published manuscript, JMDE requires authors to publish their work under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) license. This license, as well as other Creative Commons Licenses, facilitate the discoverability and usability of JMDE publications and alert researchers and readers to the permitted uses of the manuscript in the clear standardized terms of their non-exclusive worldwide licenses.
JMDE authors assert that the submitted manuscript, including all text, attachments, tables, charts, pictures or other material is the original work of the author(s) and if applicable the author has obtained written permission to reproduce all previously published work. The Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation is not responsible for obtaining copyright permission for work submitted that is not from the original author submitting the manuscript nor can it be held liable for copyright infringement.
Authors who publish with JMDE are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal via a properly formatted citation or short statement.
Ex: “Article Title” was published in *year* by the Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation (JDME). Explore other scholarship that contributes to the development of evaluation theory, methods, and practice at https://journals.sfu.ca/jmde/index.php/jmde_1/index.
JMDE’s authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on a personal website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
Open Access Statement:
The Journal of MultiDisciplinary Evaluation provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. The submitted manuscript will be shared at https://journals.sfu.ca/jmde/index.php/jmde_1 for global use. JDME will add the CC BY-NC 4.0 license, indicating the terms by which the author’s material may be used.