Definitions and Sharing of Articles
There are some simple guidelines to share your research in several ways, which vary depending on the article version you wish to share.
- Accepted manuscript (AM)
- Published journal article (PJA)
The preprint version is the un-refereed author version of an article as submitted for publication in International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice (IJIETAP). Authors may distribute their preprint version at any time, as far as, upon acceptance, they acknowledge that the article has been accepted for publication as follows:
This article has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice (ISSN: 1072-4761, eISSN: 1943-670x).
- Upon the acceptance for publication, we request authors to link from the preprint to their formal publication via its Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- Authors can update their preprints on arXiv or RePEc with their accepted manuscript.
- Preprints should not be added to or enhanced in any way in order to appear more like, or to substitute for, the published journal article.
The Accepted Manuscript (AM) is the author’s manuscript, as accepted for publication by IJIETAP, including any modifications based on editors’ or referees’ suggestions before undergoing copyediting, typesetting and proof correction.
Authors can share their AM:
After the publication
- via their non-commercial personal homepage or blog
- by updating a preprint in arXiv or RePEc with the AM
- via their research institute or institutional repository for internal institutional uses or as part of an invitation-only research collaboration work-group
- by providing copies to their students or to research collaborators for their personal use in person
After the embargo period of 2 years
- via non-commercial hosting platforms such as their institutional repository
In any circumstance, AM should:
- link to the formal publication in IJIETAP via its DOI
- bear a CC-BY-NC-ND license
- be shared in alignment with our archiving policy
- not be added to or enhanced in any way to appear more like, or to substitute for, the published journal article
Whenever making an AM available, authors should include the following acknowledgment as well as a link to the “Published Journal Article” via DOI.
This is a pre-copyedited, author-produced version of an article accepted for publication in International Journal of Industrial Engineering following peer review. The Published Journal Article of [Manusctipr Title] is available online at [insert the DOI link of the article on the IJIETAP website].
PUBLISHED JOURNAL ARTICLE
The Published Journal Article (PJA) is the final typeset and edited version of the journal article made available by IJIETAP formally and exclusively declaring the article “published”. The Published Journal Article, as it appears in the journal following copyediting and proof correction, may not be deposited by authors in institutional repositories or posted to third-party websites and made publicly available unless the article is published on an Open Access model license that allows for such posting.
Policies for sharing published journal articles differ for subscription and open access articles:
- Author(s) can share the link to the article. The links help your users to find, access, cite, and use the best available version
- Author(s) may also share the Published Journal Article privately with known students or colleagues for their personal use
- Theses and dissertations which contain embedded PJAs as part of the formal submission can be posted publicly by the awarding institution with DOI links back to the formal publications on IJIETAP
- If you are affiliated with a library that subscribes to IJIETAP, you have additional private sharing rights for others’ research accessed under that agreement. This includes use for classroom teaching and internal training at the institution (including use in course packs and courseware programs), and inclusion of the article for grant funding purposes
- The Published Journal Article cannot be shared publicly, for example, on ResearchGate or Academia.edu, to ensure the sustainability of peer-reviewed research in journal publications.
Open Access Articles
May be shared according to CC-BY-NC-ND license and should contain a DOI link to the formal publication on IJIETA