Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- When submitting text based files these should be in Microsoft Word file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
A Transfer of Copyright Agreement will be sent to the author whose manuscript is accepted for publication. This form must be completed and returned to the editor before the item can be published. The copyright transfer covers the exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article, including reprints, photographic reproductions, microfilm, or any other reproductions of similar nature and translations, as well as the right to adapt the article for use in conjunction with computer systems and programs, and reproduction of publication in machine-readable form and incorporation in retrieval systems. Authors are responsible for obtaining from the copyright holder permission to reproduce any material for which copyright exists.
All articles published "open access" will be immediately and permanently free for everyone to read, download, copy and distribute. Permitted reuse under user licence CC BY is defined as follows:
Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY): lets others distribute and copy the article, to create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article (such as a translation), to include in a collective work (such as an anthology), to text or data mine the article, even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s), do not represent the author as endorsing their adaptation of the article, and do not modify the article in such a way as to damage the author’s honor or reputation.
The publishers and editorial board wish to make it clear that the data and opinions appearing in published items in VM are the sole responsibility of the contributors or advertisers concerned. The publishers and the editorial board accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the consequences of any inaccurate or misleading date, opinion, or statement.