Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://www.ijepl.org) are activated and ready to click.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- The text has had the authors' names removed. If an author is cited, "Author" and year are used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of author's name, paper title, etc. The author's name has also been removed from the document's Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu.
- FEE NOTICE: Please note that due to the labor intensive nature of placing tables, articles with more than three tables will be charged $50 per table (in excess of three) to supplement copyediting and layout costs.
- I have read and accept the Publishing Agreement below. PUBLISHING AGREEMENT I hereby grant and assign to the publishers of the International Journal of Education Policy and Leadership (IJEPL) the exclusive right of first publication of my work. I represent that the work is my own original work and has not been previously published in any format, including an electronic or Web version, or accepted for publication by another party. I represent that my work contains no defamatory material and does not libel or slander any person. I have full power and authority to enter into this agreement. I agree that: IJEPL editors have the right to edit the work for style, readability, and appropriate length. The publishers of IJEPL have the full, worldwide, and exclusive right of first publication, as well as the nonexclusive right to print, publish, sell, and distribute the work in all languages, forms, and media, whether now known or hereafter invented, identifying me as the author and copyright holder. This Work is a contribution to the education profession; I will receive no compensation. Regarding the right of first publication: I and any coauthors may publish the work on the World Wide Web and grant to others the right to reprint or otherwise use the work for commercial benefit so long as full and appropriate citation is given to IJEPL as original publisher.
Policy and Leadership
The Policy and Leadership section welcomes articles on Education Policy and Education Leadership related to a variety of disciplines and educational settings, as well as policy initiatives that emanate from various levels of government.
The Research Use section welcomes articles on all areas of Research Use. Research Use is a broad term that includes three streams focused on using research to improve policy and practice: research on research utilization (studies interrogating the ways in which we use research to effect change in policy and practice); research looking at the ways in which we communicate research; and the application of research (how we systematically apply research to address problems of education policy and practice, such as through meta-analyses or meta-syntheses).
IJEPL occasionally invites submissions in response to a special issue call for papers. If you have been invited by one of the editors to submit a paper in response to a call for papers, please choose this section to facilitate submission and review.
If you are not responding to a specific call for papers, please select the Policy and Leadership or Research Use strands as appropriate.
Copyright for articles published in this journal is retained by the authors, with first publication rights granted to the journal. By virtue of their appearance in this open access journal, articles are free to use after initial publication under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 Unported License.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.