Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- All author contact information must be included on the cover sheet or first page of the article, including name, title, affiliation, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Please also register your co-authors, if applicable, since we will need this information if they wish to receive the annual subscription to the journal.
- The submission files are in Microsoft Word, Excel, or .jpg, or .tex. You should embed charts and graphs in the Word document, but we need the native files to be able to properly format your article. To insure our ability to work with all files, please upload the Excel file as a Supplementary file. JPG files should be submitted only if an Excel file is not available. If a .tex file is being uploaded, we will need a .pdf file to accompany it. The text is double-spaced. Please label all figures, graphs, and charts as sequentially numbered Exhibits. So, for instance, if you have Figure 1 followed by a Table 1, they will be called Exhibit 1 and Exhibit 2. Each exhibit should be referenced in the text. Exhibits can either be placed in a specific location (but also supplying the native files, e.g., Excel), or their placement can be indicate by the Words “Exhibit 1 Here,” etc. and simply providing the Exhibits at the end of the document but also supplying as individual files.
Authors are encouraged to submit articles with exhibits in color. Please make sure that all categories in an exhibit can be distinguished from each other and match the categories in any legend connected with an exhibit. Also, make sure that each exhibit will be legible when printed in black-and-white. This is important for all articles because a reader may print an article on a black-and-white printer.
Align numbers correctly by decimal points; use the same number of decimal points for the same sorts of numbers; center headings, columns, and numbers correctly; use the same language in successive appearances; identify any bold-faced or italicized entries in exhibits; and provide any source notes necessary.
Graphs: Graphs will appear the way you submit them. Please be consistent as to fonts, capitalization, and abbreviations in graphs throughout the article, and label all axes and lines in graphs clearly and absolutely consistently.The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
Equations: Please display called-out equations on separate lines, aligned on the exact same indents as the text paragraphs and with no punctuation following. Number equations consecutively throughout the article in Arabic numbers at the right-hand margin. Leave space around operations signs like plus and minus everywhere. It is preferable if manuscripts containing mathematical equations are submitted in Word, using either Equation Editor or MathType.
At least one author of each article must be prepared to sign the PMR copyright agreement form—giving us exclusive rights to publish the material in all media—prior to publication.
As part of the submission process, the submitting author, with the authorization of all co-authors, must include a Declaration of Submission paragraph declaring that they have read the publication agreement and have made all authors on the paper aware of the conditions of submission as outlined below. Each author declares that their institution does not require that the paper be posted on any public-facing website, including SSRN, ResearchGate, or SciHub. The authors understand that although there is no submission fee for Pageant Media journals, if the paper is accepted and the authors withdraw the paper from publication at any point thereafter, there will be a $500 handling fee.
- Supplemental Material: You may include any supplemental materials you would like to appear on our website along with your article. These may include Tables, Graphs, and Equations. Please follow the same guidelines as those used for manuscript submissions. Please put these materials in a separate file and clearly label it Supplemental Material.
- Please highlight three key takeaways from your article to highlight key findings for the readers.
Authors: Please review the below terms and conditions of publication. Once your article has been accepted, a copyright agreement will be sent to you for completion. Thanks.
The Author hereby submits the Article to Pageant Media Ltd./“Portfolio Management Research” (PMR) for publication in the Journal. The signing of this document represents and warrants that (i) he or she is authorized to assign the copyright in and to the Article and (ii) neither the Article nor this Copyright Agreement violates any rights of any other party. The Author hereby assigns and transfers to PMR the copyright in and to the Article, throughout the world. All other intellectual property rights relating to the Article shall remain with the Author. The Author understands that PMR shall have the right to use the Article without restriction in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter invented or developed. If PMR intends to make any changes to the content of the published article, it is required to seek prior written permission from the Author.
PMR grants to the Author the following non-exclusive rights:
- The right to post on internal or external-facing websites the Article’s title and abstract together with a link to the published Article on PMR’s website. In connection with such posting, the Author shall include a copyright notice in substantially the following form: “© [year of publication] PMR. All rights reserved.”
- The right to use charts, tables, and figures from the article on presentation slides, but not in articles, book chapters, or similar formats consisting primarily of text content.
The Author shall remove any and all pre-publication versions of the Article from all websites (including SSRN and ResearchGate).
The Author understands and agrees that, except as provided above, any use, reproduction, or dissemination of the article is strictly prohibited, unless agreed to in writing by PMR. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Author shall not (i) post the Article to any file-sharing service (including SSRN and ResearchGate), (ii) distribute the Article at any academic or industry conferences or similar events, (iii) include the article in an academic course pack or similar compilation, or (iv) allow the article to be reprinted as a chapter in a book. In the event that the Author violates the foregoing restrictions on use, reproduction, or dissemination of the Article, the Author agrees to pay PMR damages equal to PMR’s then applicable rate for unrestricted distribution rights for the Article for the duration of the violation.
The Author shall not publish or disseminate any update, sequel, or other work based on or derived from the Article unless such update, sequel, or other work contains at least one-third new content.
The Author warrants that the necessary written permission to reproduce, in the Article and in the Journal, for both print and electronic versions, any text, exhibits, or other material from the original copyright owner or appropriate authorities. The Author confirms that the article is an original work, does not infringe upon the intellectual property of a third party, and cannot be construed as plagiarizing another published work. The Author maintains that the Article contains no statement that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, obscene, fraudulent, does not infringe upon the rights of others, is unlawful, or is in violation of applicable laws.
Any alterations to this agreement will be considered null and void unless agreed to in writing by PMR.